ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTAL
- The final calculation of rental charges is stated in local currency – serbian dinar (RSD).
- The rental price includes vehicle rental, mileage and Third-party liability insurance up to the amount determined by law and insurance company policy (mandatory insurance policy), unless otherwise stipulated in the Rental Agreement.
- The Lessee is legally and materially responsible for all damages in traffic accident due to his fault and for all costs to third parties over the amount set by State law.
- The minimum rental period is 24 hours and 100 km. In case of shorter rental period or less kilometers covered, the Lessee will pay the minimum rental period.
- One day of rental is 24 hours from the check out time stated in the Rental Agreement. The vehicle should the returned by the same time. The tolerance for late return is 59 minutes. After 60 minutes, an additional rental day is charged.
** Any rental extension not authorised by the Lessor will be considered unauthorised rental and the Lessee will be charged a fixed fee of 360.00 EUR+VAT for each day of the unauthorized rental, in addition to the daily rate specified in the Rental Agreement.
- In case of removing the Lessor’s tags from the vehicle, the Lessee will charged with the Vehicle debranding fee, in the amount of 25.00 EUR+VAT.
Insurance and liability
Vehicle damage insurance (COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER) – CDW
- The Lessee can purchase insurance for vehicle damage in a traffic accident and/or outside it by contracting and paying Vehicle damage insurance (CDW).
- By contracting CDW, the Lessee does not have full coverage in case of damage. The Lessee is obliged to pay a Damage Excess Waiver (share in the value of the damage up to the maximum amount separately defined for each vehicle group). Excess Waiver is charged for each damage event.
- The Lessee can further reduce the Damage excess waiver value up to the amount defined for each vehicle group by contracting and paying the Additional Vehicle Damage Insurance – SCDW or PCDW, as stated in the Damage excess waiver price list. Lessee keeps all his obligations and duties regulated by contracting and purchasing basic damage insurance (CDW) to contracting and purchasing additional damage insurance (SCDW, PCDW).
- Vehicle damage insurance does not apply to Albania and the area of Kosovo. For damage caused in those territories, the Lessee pays the full value of the damage on the rented vehicle.
Vehicle theft/loss protection insurance (THEFT PROTECTION WAIVER) – THW
- The Lessee can purchase insurance for theft/loss od the rented vehicle during the rental period by conctracting and paying Vehicle theft/loss protection insurance (THW).
- By contracting THW, the Lessee does not have full coverage in case of theft/vehicle loss. The Lessee is obliged to pay a Theft excess waiver (share in the value of the missing/stolen vehicle in the amount defined for each vehicle group).
- By contracting and paying the Additional vehicle theft/loss protection insurance (STHW), the Lessee can further reduce the Theft excess waiver in the Theft excess waiver price list for. All obligations and duties the Lessee has by purchasing basic insurance (THW), is also valid by purchasing additional insurance (STHW, PCDW).
- In case of vehicle theft/loss during the rental, where the theft/loss is not reported to the Police and/or in case the Lessee does not present all documents and keys of the vehicle, the Lessee shall pay the full value of the missing/stolen rental vehicle (insurance does not apply).
- Vehicle theft/loss protection insurance does not apply to Albania and the area of Kosovo. If the vehicle is stolen/lost in those territories, the Lessee pays the full value of the vehicle.
Personal accident insurance – PAI
- The Lessee can contract additional Personal accident insurance for disability or death of some or all passengers, excluding the driver of the rented vehicle up to the number of registered seats in the vehicle. PAI is not valid if the Lessee drives under the influence of alcohol, drugs or recklessly.
- Passengers (except the driver) are insured in the event of death and/or disability in the amounts determined by law and insurance company policy.
Additional car rental services – Price list
- Delivery or collection of vehicles in the wider city center (provided that the Lessor has a branch office in that city) is charged 25.00 EUR+VAT per service.
- Delivery or collection of vehicles on the territory of Serbia is determined and contracted separately.
- Vehicle rental that starts or ends outside the working hours is charged at 25.00 EUR+VAT per service.
- Fuel is not included in the rental price. Vehicles are rented with a full tank. The Lessee should return the vehicle with a full tank. Missing fuel will be charged at the current market price on the day the vehicle return + Tank service fee 30.00 EUR+VAT.
- The amount of missing fuel that is charged when returning the vehicle is stated on the Rental Agreement.
- In case of pouring the wrong type of fuel into the rented vehicle, the Renter will bear all charges of the damage: towing service to an authorized service center, vehicle repair costs, a full tank of fuel and all related costs that may arise.
- The Lessor will charge 20.00 EUR+VAT for car wash, in case the Lessee returns an extremely dirty vehicle. Dry cleaning of the vehicle will be charged 200.00 EUR+VAT and dry cleaning of one dirty seat 20.00 EUR+VAT.
- Child/baby seat is additionally charged 6.67 EUR+VAT per rental day, or maximum 66.67 EUR+VAT for the entire rental. A destroyed child/baby seat will be charged 100.00 EUR+VAT. Cleaning of an extremely dirty child/baby seat will be charged 10.00 EUR+VAT.
- Snow chains are additionally charged 10.00 EUR+VAT per rental. Destroyed snow chains are charged 50.00 EUR+VAT.
- An additional driver is charged 6.67 EUR+VAT per rental day, or maximum 66.67 EUR+ VAT for the entire rental.
- The lessee will fully bear the costs of damage caused to the following parts of the vehicle that are not covered by insurance: rims, wheel caps, tires, undercarriage, interior of the vehicle and fitted radio.
- A damaged tire is charged according to the Vehicle damage price list, with a maximum of 300.00 EUR+VAT
- Mandatory winter equipment is charged 3.00 EUR+VAT per rental day for all rentals started in the period 01.11.-31.03. The maximum amount per rental is 42.00 EUR+VAT.
- The Lessee will pay lost key/alarm device remote control in full according to the defined Vehicle damage price list.
- The Lessee will pay an additional charge of 150.00 EUR+VAT for a lost/destroyed license plate/lost vehicle documents.
- The use of GPS device/Navigation system is charged 5.00 EUR+VAT per rental day or maximum 50.00 EUR+VAT per rental. A lost/destroyed GPS device will be charged 100 EUR+VAT.
- The use of a Wi-Fi device is charged 5.00 EUR+VAT per rental day.
- The Lessee will be charged cross border fee if travelling outside the borders of Serbia in the amount of 6.67 EUR+VAT per rental day, or maximum of 66.67EUR+VAT for the entire rental.
- All traffic offenses incurred during the rental are the responsibility of the Lessee and will be charged in full with an increase for the Lessor’s manipulative costs. Parking fines are priced at 30.00 EUR+VAT.
** The administrative fee for processing communal and traffic offenses is charged 25 EUR+VAT.
Other rental conditions
- In case the vehicle is left outside the national border for any reason, the Lessee will be charged the International one-way rental fee for the specific destination. International one-way rentals are not allowed for some countries and locations.
- Chauffeur drive is separately contracted and charged. For all information, the Lessee should contact the Lessor.
- On the total rental costs, which includes additional services, the Lessee pays Value Added Tax (VAT) in the amount of 20%, which is separately stated in the Rental Agreement.
- The Lessee must have at least one credit/charge card accepted by the Lessor (some vehicle groups require two credit/charge cards). The Lessor will pre-authorize the Lessee’s credit card before the rental. After returning the vehicle and settling all costs, the Lessor will cancel the preauthorization amount on credit card(s).
- Smoking is striclty prohibited in all vehicles. In case the Lessee violates this during the rental period, a fee of 100.00 EUR+VAT will be charged.
- All invoices and rental charges must be paid at the day of invoicing. In case of late payment, the interest rate defined by the state law will be charged.
Early termination of the Rental Agreement
- The Lessor may terminate the Rental Agreement before the agreed end date by notifying the Lessee. The following entities are considered as “Lessee”:
- The person or legal company indicated in the Rental Agreement as the Renter
- Any authorized driver stated on the Rental Agreement
- Individual or a company that makes rental payments derived from the Rental Agreement
Individuals – the Lessor can immediately terminate the Rental Agreement if:
- Lessee’s personal belongings have been confiscated due to debts
- the warrant was issued
- the Lessee declared bankruptcy
- the Lessee terminates the Rental Agreement in a way that causes substantial loss/damage to the Lessor
Companies or partnerships – the Lessor can immediately terminate the Rental Agreement if:
- the company or partnership goes under receivership or liquidation
- the company or partnership calls a meeting of its creditors
- the Lessor finds out that all Lessee’s goods were confiscated due to debts
- the Lessee terminates the Rental Agreement in a way that causes substantial loss/damage to the Lessor
- The Lessor shall charge the total amount of the vehicle rental and any losses arising from such rental if the Lessee breaches any provision of the Rental Agreement, provided that the losses could have been foreseen by both parties at the time of signing the Rental Agreement, and could have risen in the event of Rental Agreement breach – known as “foreseeable losses”.
**Foreseeable losses may include loss of rental income, costs of repair or replacement of damaged items, or any amount the Lessor has to pay to a third party if the Lessor is late in returning the vehicle to third party.
The Lessee may also lose all/some benefits of any damage/loss excess waiver or insurance coverage (personal accident insurance and third party liability insurance).
The Lessee will not have to pay for losses not directly related to the breach of Rental Agreement or losses that are not foreseeable.
The Lessor will reimburse the Lessee if he can prove he or any additional driver is not responsible for the breach of Rental Agreement or that the costs were not caused by the Lessee or any additional driver.
The Lessor will treat a non-compliance with the return deadline of vehicle if the vehicle and/or any additional accessories returned within 1 day of the agreed return/end of contract.
- The Lessee may terminate the Rental Agreement immediately if the Lessor breaches the articles in the Rental Agreement.
In this case, the Lessee should notify the Lessor immediately, return the vehicle and any additional equipment as soon as possible. Also, the Lessee must pay the full rental amount (by the return date) and do everything he can to reduce (or mitigate) the losses.
What must the Lessor do?
Nothing in the agreement reduces Lessee’s statutory rights. However, if the Lessor breaches the agreement by not doing as agreed to, he must pay the Lessee for the losses that occur as a result, provided that the losses could have been foreseen by both parties when the agreement was signed, and could have risen in the event of Rental Agreement breach (known as “foreseeable losses”). Foreseeable losses may include reasonable costs of using alternative means of transportation during the agreed rental period.
The Lessor will not be liable for any foreseeable losses the Lessee could have been able to charge from third parties. The Lessor will not pay for losses that are not directly related to his failure to provide a vehicle or losses that could not have been foreseen (such as loss of profits or loss of opportunity).
If the Lessor breaches the Rental Agreement due to an unforeseeable or unavoidable event – an act of terrorism or a natural disaster – the aforementioned obligations are not viable.
Nothing in the agreement shall limit or exclude the Lessor’s liability for (i) fraud; (ii) death or personal injury caused by negligence; or (iii) any other liability to the extent that the law states that it cannot be excluded or limited.
- The Lessee has the right to file a claim or complaint about the service in any branch or electronically via email.
As a user of vehicle rental services, in order to exercise rights from Articles 52 and 81 of the Law on Consumer Protection, as well as due to incorrectly calculated prices or other defects, the Lessee can file a complaint in one of the following ways:
- by phone at number 011 311 30 50
- in writing to the address: Panalex a.d., Omladinskih brigada 90a, 11 070 Novi Beograd
- to the e-mail address email@example.com
- any other permanent electronic media (USB, CD, DVD etc)
The Lessee should attach invoice or other proof of the service performed (copy of the invoice, Rental Agreement, vehicle inspection slip, etc.) to the complaint.
The Lessor will respond not later than 8 days upon receiving the Lessee’s complaint and will keep proper records of all files.